Wednesday 8 September 2010

Cards for men!

There is less than a handful of men in my life that I make cards for well 2 infact - Dad and Hubby, and it's Dad's birthday soon.  So I thought I would give myself plenty of time to create a card. 

Unless it flutters or blooms I really struggle for inspiration.  Also suffering from a terrible cold at the moment it was a card that I was not looking forward to make. 

But I had to challenge myself and not give up! 

So here it is!


Background paper - paper cellar 6x6 - Mens
Ribbon - celebrate ribbon by the spool
Chain, ribbon, stickers, rub ons and buttons from my craft stash!  I stamped the chipboard letter with a small D stamp so the white doesn't seem so harsh. 

 The denim D was from the label of my hubby's jeans I decided to keep in my stash and hey I was right it came in handy! Crafters never throw anything out =D



Overall I am really happy with how it turned out. 

Hubby's birthday isn't until December - so reminder to self - get more male embellishments for crafty stash!

I am having a little giveaway on my facebook page to celebrate reaching over 100 likers if you wish to join in come along and take a look. Click here and join in.  Closing date is Saturday 11th September.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog
Love Em x

No comments: