Friday 15 October 2010

Distressed and Vintage

Hi everyone and welcome to Elf's Crafting Life...

Thank you so much for all your kind comments on my last post.

Today's card is for a challenge over at The secret Crafter ~ and this weeks challenge is distressed.

As soon as I saw it I instantly wanted to make something.  Distressed I can do that as I am completely in love with everything vintage.  Vintage/distressed are 2 subjects that work so well together ~ I bet you can almost hear the excitement in my voice lol!!


Materials used:

All background paper is from papermania signature A5 paper pack ~ Blueberry Hill.  For the curled sheets I glued 2 paper sheets together so I had a patterned back.
Stamped images from papermania's Hampstead clear stamps.
Papermania's thank you rub ons.
Key charm ~ From Corry in my giveaway pack ~ Trinket Shoppe blue moon beads
Lace, buttons, brad and flowers from crafty stash.


For the distressed look on the card I tore all the background sheets.  I also tore and rolled the bottom edges of the background paper.  I lightly stamped the images so they didn't come out perfectly.  Also although they're not meant to look like it, my rub ons are quite old and don't come off so well.  Which lends itself perfectly to a vintage/distressed card (so it was on purpose ~ honest!).


I just love the detail and layers going into this card.  It has to be my favourite so far x





Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, please feel free to leave a comment.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Love Em x



1 comment:

Julia said...

Hello Emma
Ive been a bit slack on the old blogging front of late, both writing my own and visiting (ooops) so I'm playing catch-up!!
I just wanted to say how lovely the detail is in this card, I like the vintage/distressed look too! Your craft stash must be huge for you to be able to create so many versatile and different designs!!

Love J x x x