Wednesday 25 August 2010

Cute Little Bird Houses


I thought I would share with you my latest creation.
I have had this sheet of gorgeous bird nest toppers in my stash for ages and they are so cute I just didn't know what to use them for, but there is a birthday in the family and I had a burst of inspiration.

The paper layered underneath is from paper cellar 6x6 patterned papers - wedding. A gorgeous distressed green floral.  The self adhesive ribbon is from the Laura Ashley range.  Embellishments include 3D red textured roses, Happy Birthday bubble sticker, rub ons, and 2 little wooden buttons that were rolling around in the bottom of the jar. 



The gorgeous toppers are from redhotbed and come in a sheet of 9 - so I still have plenty left!! Beautiful detail with the little birds they are so cute and highlighted with touches of glitter.


The fabric roses give a wonderful 3 dimensional feel to the card and add great texture, they were attached by a glue gun - over the years I have found this the best way to keep them attached.  Also if the back of the flowers are quite large you can trim the back and the glue keeps them in shape lovely.

Thank you for taking time to look at my latest card I hope you like it.

Love Em x